RG 004 – Building Your A-Team here in the U.S. with John Carney
In case you missed it, here are some of the highlights from our conversation with John:
- Founder of americapropertysource.com.au (APS)
- Author of Real Estate Is A Team Sport. The 9 Players You Need To Profit Click here for a copy!
- From Cleveland Ohio
- Resides in Geelong, Victoria, Australia.
- Helps connect Australia investors with finding cracking U.S. real estate investment deals.
Nuts and Bolts:
Real Estate investing is a TEAM sport!!
- Steps to creating the right team to help you succeed.
- Build the right relationships with the people you meet.
- The same team members will apply wherever you invest in your backyard, interstate, or internationally: develop your systems and team.
- Develop, and continue, to grow your financial education
- ‘You can make money by accident, but you can’t create long term wealth by accident’ – Grant Cardone
The 9 Team Members!
- Financial Minders: An Accountant, as an international investor you will need an accountant in the U.S. and in your home country who knows real estate!
- Buyers agent/source of real estate deals.
- Title Agent: Helps close the deals.
- Source of funds: Find a good financial institution or lender, hard money, or private money partners, who want to help you grow.
- Legal advice: good local real estate attorney who knows the local laws.
- Property manager: This member is one of the most critical players!
- Person who is brining the deals to the table
- Good partners to invest with: potentially people who might have different skillset to your own.
- Mentor: Someone who has experience in real estate investing and you can turn to for advice.
– You Must Take Action Steps! – but there is a smart way to do it and that is building the right team so you can ask the right questions and make the right decisions.
American Property Source 5 Step Method for Real Estate Investing:
- Discovery: Understanding the investors story and their ‘why’; why they want to buy bricks and mortar?
- Structure: The best legal entity to own real estate in the U.S.
- Transaction Management Company: Helps manage the
- Run the property yourself: Understand how to run an asset
- Profit and Grow! Be in a position to scale up!
Ready, Aim, Fire!