RG 011 – What is EB-5 Financing? Encouraging Foreign Investments into the U.S. – with Andrew Polsky
In case you missed it, here are some of the highlights from our conversation with Andrew Polsky, expert on EB-5 financing!
- President of MCAP Holdings;
- Graduated from Babson College;
- Raised over $300 million to finance start ups & businesses;
- Seasoned entrepreneur working closely with Daymond John from Shark Tank & Scott Case from Priceline;
- Involved with the Boosted Boards startup! http://boostedboards.com/;
- Loves to sail!
- Creating finacial freedom for his family;
Nuts and Bolts:
What is EB-5 Financing?
- It is a U.S. government program that exchanges foreign investment, into projects that will create jobs, for immigration status to the U.S.;
- Each foreign investor must create 10 permanent jobs for a min. $500,000 investment into a particular project;
- Encourages investment in regions where there is higher unemployment;
- Two investment thresholds depending on the unemployment rate within the area the: $500k or $1mill.
- Projects that qualify must create long term jobs for the region where the project is located; anything from a new hotel development to owning a fast food restaurant;
- Every area in the U.S. is a candidate but qualifying for EB-5 financing really depends on the unemployment rate; the higher the unemployment rate the more suitable it is for EB-5 financing.
- EB-5 financing can act as either debt or equity;
- Returns on EB-5 debt are close to market rates; often it can be cheaper than markets, but the major advantage is that it is highly flexible money!
To get involved contact Andrew and his team to discuss whether EB-5 financing is right for you as an international investor, or as a borrower:
Ph: +1 (310) 402 4960
Ready, Aim, Fire!